It’s time to vote!
The candidates have been announced – you can see who is running here.
You will receive a big envelope from the HfK in August. Inside you will find the electoral documents and several envelopes. First of all, the most important thing: The filled-out electoral documents must be submitted to the HfK by 6 October 2021, 13:00. You can simply drop the enclosed envelope in the mailbox – the university will pay the postage for you! If you prefer, you can also just drop the envelope into the outdoor mailboxes at Speicher XI or Dechanatstraße yourself. The envelope will contain various ballot papers, polling cards and envelopes. You will only receive ballot papers for the elections in which you are eligible to vote, so you may fill in everything. Along with the student elections for the Students’ Council and your Faculty Council, there are also university elections for the student representatives in the Academic Senate and the Faculty Councils. As these are two separate elections, the votes are counted independently of each other and have to be put into different envelopes. Let’s go through this:
- On the red ballot paper, you cast your vote for who you would like to see in the Students’ Parliament.
- On the blue ballot paper, you cast your votes for the members of your Student Council.
- Fold the two ballot papers twice so that the printed side is no longer visible and put them in the envelope with a capital A on it. Seal the envelope.
- Fill in the polling card A, sign it and fold it once.
- Put the polling card A and the envelope A with the ballot papers for the Students’ Parliament and your Student Council inside into the envelope with an A.2 on it and close the envelope.
- Now cast your vote for the students you would like to see in the Academic Senate on the yellow ballot paper.
- On the green ballot paper, cast your vote for the members of your Faculty Council.
- Fold the two ballot papers twice so that the printed side is no longer visible and put them in the envelope with a capital B on it. Seal the envelope.
- Fill in the polling card B, sign it and fold it once.
- Put the polling card B and the envelope B with the ballot papers for the Academic Senat and your Faculty Council inside into the envelope with an B.2 on it and close the envelope.
- Put envelopes A.2 and B.2, with everything inside, into the large envelope C, which already has the address of the HfK printed on it. Close the envelope.
- Drop the large envelope with everything inside, without postage, into a letterbox; the university will pay the postage for you. That’s it, you’ve voted.
Please make sure not to put the polling card and the ballot papers directly into the same envelope. If you do, your ballot papers could be assigned to you, and because in our elections it is secret who voted how, your ballot papers would be invalid.
Feel like you’re missing something or have received too much? Then check this short list and if something is missing, contact the student Electoral Committee immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- One red ballot paper for the Students’ parliament, A4
- One blue ballot paper for your Student Council, A5
- For students of the Integrated Design programme for the Student Council Integrated Design
- For students of the Digital Media programme for the Student Council Digital Media
- There is no Student Council for students of the Fine Arts programme as of now, therefore you will no such ballot paper
- For all students of the Faculty of Music for the joint Student Council Music
- One yellow ballot paper for the student members fo the Academic Senate, A5
- One green ballot paper for the student members of your Faculty Council, A5
- For students of the faculty Art and Design for the Faculty Council Art and Design
- For students of the faculty Music for the Faculty Council Musik
- One polling card “A” for the elections to the Students’ Parliament and your Student council, A4
- One polling card “B” for the elections to the Academic Senate and your Faculty Council, A4
- One enveloped marked “A”, C5
- One envelope marked “A.2”, C5
- One envelope marked “B”, C5
- One envelope marked “B.2”, C5
- One large envelope “C”, with the address of the HfK already printed on it, C4
- The leaflet for the elections
Last modified on: 9. August 2021