Money back for your semester ticket?
All deadlines for exemption or refund of the semester ticket due to Corona for the summer semester 2021 have expired. All complete applications have been processed. If you have any questions, please contact the AStA Department for State University Politics & Semesterticket: email@example.com.
General exemption from the semester ticket
In some cases, you can be exempt from receiving the semester ticket; all exemptions must be supported by appropriate certificates. The exceptions are:
- severe disability according to § 145 Abs. 1 SGB IX with a right to free transportation
- Voluntary stay for study purposes for more than 120 consecutive calendar days of the respective semester outside the spatial area of validity of the statewide semester ticket, e.g. for an internship, for studying abroad or for a doctorate
- Vacation semester
- Compulsory (curricular) internship and/or semester abroad
All of these cases are handled by Department 1 / Student Services Office. If any of these apply to you, please contact them: firstname.lastname@example.org
We know that there are many students who do not currently need their ticket due to their social/financial situation, but still have to buy it. The semester ticket is a solidarity ticket, it can only be offered at this price because it is obligatory for over 40,000 students in Bremen, Bremerhaven, Oldenburg etc. We kindly ask for your understanding that we are subject to contracts and have to follow certain rules.
General information about the semester ticket
Upon payment of the semester fee you will receive the semester ticket, which is valid state-wide Lower Saxony/Bremen and also includes the VBN.
The VBN semester ticket is valid on all days for any number of journeys in the entire network of the Verkehrsverbund Bremen/Niedersachsen (VBN) as well as in the areas of the Verkehrsbund Ems-Jade (VEJ) and the Verkehrsgemeinschaft Landkreis Cloppenburg (VGC). In addition, the state-wide semester ticket is valid for local rail passenger transport (RE, RB, S- and Regio-S-Bahn) throughout Lower Saxony, Bremen and on adjacent routes as shown on the map.
Travel tram, metro and bus outside the VBN area is excluded.
The semester ticket:
- is personal and not transferable
- is valid only with a photograph and in connection with an official photo identification
- only applies if the photo of the owner is attached under the foil provided for this purpose, or if the photo has already been printed on the semester ticket
- can be confiscated by the inspectors if no valid official photo identification can be presented
- can only be used in trains in 2nd class without exception
- cannot be used for journeys in the ICE
- does not apply to the “Nachtschwärmer” disco buses
- does not apply in the other IC/EC trains, not even against payment of an extra charge
- applies to the continuous IC/EC trains between Bremen central station and Emden outer harbour and between Bremen central station and Norddeich Mole
- applies to the night routes of Bremer Straßenbahn AG (BSAG), the VBN “Nachtwschwärmer” routes and the night express routes of Verkehr und Wasser GmbH (VWG) Oldenburg
- In the VBN-PLUS collective cabs you pay a reduced fare
Refund in case of exmatriculation
As a result of an exmatriculation during the semester, the semester ticket can be refunded proportionately. For this you need a certified copy of the certificate of exmatriculation from the Office for Students (Dezernat 1) of the HfK Bremen. The procedure is also carried out by the Dezernat 1.
Loss or theft
Please contact the Office for Students of the HfK. In order to apply for a new ticket, it is necessary that you have a certificate from the Bremen lost-and-found office that the ticket was not delivered there. The certificate of the lost-and-found office costs 5 € once.
Last modified on: 21. September 2021